Pear Tree Cottage is an immaculately presented detached stone cottage situated in a beautiful rural location, only a 1 mile drive or a leisurely 10 minute walk to the village of Longframlington, north of Morpeth. The village has a park, tennis courts, pubs serving excellent food, Newsagents, award winning general dealers and butchers. This romantic retreat is perfect for 2 couples looking for a luxury break as it benefits from 2 bedrooms both en-suite, one a double bed and one zip and link bed to make king-size bed or twin beds perfect for families, including cot, highchair and baby bath. The log burning stove in the lounge area creates a cosy warm environment whilst the open plan modern kitchen and dining area offer everything needed to prepare a delicious meal. There is ample parking just outside the cottage and the pretty garden is a delightful place to relax or for children to play. Cragside Estate and house, Rothbury, Alnwick Castle and Gardens, Warkworth Castle and beautiful Northumberland beaches are a 15 minute drive away.
Accommodation all on one level
Open plan living area with log burning stove, TV with Sky Freesat, DVD, radio, iPod dock and dining table.
Kitchen area with electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge with ice box and dishwasher.
Bedroom 1 - Zip and link beds, can be king-size bed, TV, en-suite shower room and WC.
Bedroom 2 - Double bed, TV, en-suite shower room and WC.
Electricity and oil central heating included. Starter logs for stove provided. Garden with patio, furniture and barbecue. Storage for bikes. Off road parking for 2 cars. Shops/PO/pubs/restaurants/TIC in Longframlington and Morpeth. Duvets with linen and towels. Well behaved dog welcome @ £15 per week.
Short breaks of 3 nights charged at 75% of the full week price with a minimum price of £340. Friday to Monday or Monday to Friday
FRIDAY TO FRIDAY
- Friday changeover
- Sleeps 4
- 2 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- 1 pet allowed
- WiFi internet
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Private parking available
- 14 miles from a beach
- 1 mile from a pub
- 1 mile from a shop
- No smoking
- Sky TV
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Sponge 15% off Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights...
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 27%.<...
Dineindulge Private Chef Service by Dineindulge
Would you be interested in having a private chef cater for you during your stay from as little as £25 per head?
This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Pear Tree Cottage, Longframlington.
Pear Tree Cottage is situated within the grounds of The Dairy, Low Town Farm, a peaceful farming area of Longframlington.
It is a 10 minute walk, on a gradual uphill incline, into Longframlington Village. It is the perfect place to stay whether for business or pleasure.
The detached stone property is ground level. We offer 2 double/twin bedrooms, both are en-suite shower rooms.
- For full details and maps of how to reach us please see the directions section of our website. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using www.transportdirect.info; simply enter your postcode and ours, which is NE65 8BA to get directions.
- The nearest railway and bus station is Alnmouth or Morpeth, which is a 20 minute car journey. Taxis are available at the train station and in Morpeth town centre. If you require an accessible taxi this can be booked in advance, see contact information for details.
- Access to the property is via a gravel driveway and path leading to the cottage.
- This Access Statement is available in larger print on request.
Car Parking and Arrival
- There are 3 parking spaces in the driveway approximately 20ft from the front door.
- The driveway has a gravel surface leading to the front door.
- There is one step up into the property from front door.
- The front door is 88cm/34.5ins wide and a sensor lit porch.
- Assistance can be given with luggage.
- Guests will be greeted and welcomed outside/in the cottage.
- The cottage is level throughout, where they are asked to register.
- The cottage lounge/kithen/dining has oak hard work flooring.
- The area is evenly and well lit with overhead lighting and wall lights.
- Guests are shown the cottage: lounge, Kitchen area and appliances, dining room and their bedroom.
- There are 2 en-suite bedrooms; 1 kingsize/twin beds and 1 double room, both on the ground floor.
- The doors to the ground floor bedrooms range from 72cm/29.5ins wide to 79cm/31ins.
- Furniture can be easily removed or rearranged.
- A full size cot is available in all rooms on request.
- The height of all of the beds from the top of the mattress to the floor is 51mm/20ins.
- Rooms are bright and evenly lit. Overhead lighting is controlled by a switch. Bedside lamps are also in each room. An additional reading lamp is available on request.
- All of our bedrooms offer the following: Lighting as above, good colour contrast between the floor, walls and doors, short pile carpet, all bedding non feather, widescreen digital television/DVD Player with remote control and subtitles.
Shower-rooms & Toilets (All En-suite)
All rooms have en-suite bathrooms offering the following:
- Door opening to the bathroom is 800mm/31.5ins
- The toilet height is 40cm/16ins
- The wash basin height is 83cm/32.3/4ins.
- Lever taps on the washbasin and bath.
- Well lit with overhead lights.
Lounge/Kitchen and Dining Area – integral and open plan
- Accessed directly from front door. Situated on the ground floor with step free/level entry from the front door.
- The door opening to the lounge is 76mm/30ins wide.
- The room has a mixture of seating with sofas, dining table and four chairs and a nest of low coffee tables.
- Lighting is natural daylight and light levels are controlled by switches and dimmers, with overhead lighting used as well as table lamps around the room.
- The flooring is oak hard wood flooring.
- Widescreen digital television with remote control and subtitle facility is available. Additionally we offer use DVD player, CD player and Ipod docking stations in each room.
- Fully equipped kitchen; washer-dryer, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, microwave, oven and hob, kettle and toaster. Hoover and iron/ironing board. Mobile clothes horse.
- Crockery is white contrasting with the table where possible.
- There is a graveled patio area which can be accessed from the main entrance by one step down. Picnic table is located on the grassed garden, area three steps from patio area.
- The garden area is large is lawn and with mature flower beds ans bird feeder.
- Garden shed at the rear of property holds a BBQ, sun loungers, and bin.
- We have a set of evacuation procedures located on the wall in your bedroom, should you require it someone will come to your room and assist you with evacuation.
- A water bowl can be supplied for assistance dogs in bedrooms where necessary.
- We have tried to ensure each doorframe contrasts in colour with the surrounding wall.
- The nearest Shopmobility is 10 mile away in the Morpeth and Alnwick town centre.
- The nearest General Hospital with an A&E unit and walk in NHS is in Ashington, Wansbeck Hospital. 20 miles away, open 24 hours. The nearest Doctor’s surgery is ½ a mile away, Longframlington. Please let us know if you require further information about these.
- See welcome letter for more details.
- Free WiFi Internet access is available.
- We can offer a list of nearby attractions and suggested places to eat.