3 The Villas is a fantastic family holiday house in the village of Embleton, positioned just above the Dunstanburgh Castle Golf Club, boasting stunning views across the popular links course, towards the beach and Castle. It is a delightful 3 storey property, beautifully furnished and well equipped, perfect for extended families, groups of friends, golfers, birdwatchers, cyclists, photographers, and walkers.
From the house it is approximately a half a mile walk to the unspoilt beach of Embleton Bay, where you can walk north towards Newton by the Sea, or south along the beach to the National Trust’s Dunstanburgh Castle and Craster. There is a great selection of places to eat and drink nearby, including Dunstanburgh Castle Golf Club, The Ship Inn at Newton by the Sea with its own micro-brewery, or The Jolly Fisherman in Craster which has a lovely outdoor area overlooking the sea. North of Embleton are the seaside villages of Seahouses and Bamburgh, which are perfect days out. Shop: 0.2 miles. Pub: 0.2 miles.
Accommodation over 3 floors:
Front living area with comfortable seating, open fire, Sky TV, DVD, iPod dock, Sony music system and views of the beach, sea, and Dunstanburgh Castle.
Open plan kitchen/dining area with range style cooker, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, microwave, wine cooler, toaster, kettle Traditional wooden refectory style table with seating for up to 10 guests, open fire, music station and fantastic views.
Rear living area with comfortable seating inglenook fireplace, log burner and double doors leading to the enclosed rear garden.
Utility/cloakroom with WC, washbasin and washer/dryer.
Bedroom 1 with king size bed, dressing area, sea views and en suite with shower, WC and washbasin.
Bedroom 2 with twin beds with inland views.
Bedroom 3 with double bed and sea views.
Bathroom with bath, shower, WC and washbasin.
Bedroom 4 with king size zip and link bed (can be set up as twin on request), sea and inland views from Velux windows.
Bedroom 5 with twin beds (these are zip and link so can be set up as a king on request).
Jack and Jill shower room with shower, WC and washbasin.
Garden: Enclosed rear garden with garden furniture, barbecue. Open aspect garden to the front.
Parking: Driveway parking for 2 cars. Additional parking on private roadway for 2 cars outside the house.
Also provided: WiFi. Bed linen and towels. Games, DVDs, books. Travel cot and highchair available on request. Starter pack of logs for the fire.
Pets: Sorry, no pets.
Notes: No smoking.
- Friday changeover
- Sleeps 10
- 5 bedrooms
- 3 bathrooms
- No pets allowed
- WiFi internet
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Highchair available
- Travel cot available
- Central heating
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Private parking available
- 0.5 mile from a beach
- 0.25 mile from a pub
- 0.25 mile from a shop
- Sea views
- No smoking
- Sky TV
If I could award this house 6 stars I would. Everything from the position to the comfort, amenities, decor was wonderful. We had a large family party and everyone thought the same. The bedrooms were large and beds comfortable. Very sad to leave but have all said we will definitely come back. - 2nd June 2018
Our large family holiday - 7 adults and 4 children - was a great success. The arrangement of the bedrooms and bathrooms worked very well to give the families space and privacy. The outlook is superb. The short walk down to the beach is easy and the bay is wonderful. It was a great holiday. - 13th May 2018
3 The Villas is a large, comfortable, very well equipped family holiday home. The kitchen is very well provided with enough crockery and appliances etc to meet every need. For a family stay fridge and freezer space is very generous. Two sitting rooms, with TVs and sound systems means everyone can indulge their own taste. Not that we spent any time watching tv. The property's fabulous location a short walk from Embleton Bay, the dunes, golf, Dunstanburgh Castle etc. etc. provide more than adequate entertainment. This is one of the best holiday homes we have ever stayed in. - 26th September 2017
We booked the Villas to celebrate my in-laws golden wedding anniversary. A great family celebration was had by all with the added bonus of stunnings views from a beautiful house. Lovely meals were had around the big dining room table. The two reception rooms were useful but the reception room at the back of the house was the cosiest especially when the wood burning stove was on. Highly recommended and we all agreed we'd love to return again. - 15th April 2017
Exceptional accomodation provided by the owner at very short notice. Would strongly recommend it to others. - 11th December 2016
The villas is a very well appointed and tastefully furnished holiday stay. We were very comfortable and had a lovely holiday. The house has a pleasant welcoming atmosphere. There were some minor details that need attending to--- to have small waste bins in bedrooms, a kitchen unit door hanging by 1 hinge, one bedside lamp inoperative, but the overall quality of the accommodation meant these were very minor disappointments - 30th August 2016
Fantastic week, great to spend time on embleton beach. Views from the house fantastic and our family of ten were very comfortable! The garden is quite small but is fully enclosed. Good park for young kids in the village. We would return! - 17th August 2016
Perfect setting with a beach and a golf course on your doorstep what more could you ask for.House very comfortable and all facilities we required.Would certainly return to this house. - 20th July 2016
Our stay at 3, The Villas was very comfortable. Our party was a family get together with ages ranging from 1 year to mid sixties and there was plenty of room to accommodate all our needs. Great place with a lovely beach a few moments walk away. - 20th July 2016
We stayed in 3 The Villas with family and friends over New Year. The house is very comfortable, spacious and well equipped with a wood burning stove and several open fireplaces. Despite the atrocious weather we hardly needed the stove as the the underfloor heating was very cosy. The situation looking directly down to the golf course and beach is amazing with fantastic views from every room. We felt completely at home, were very sorry to leave and would love to return sometime. Lots of good pubs within walking distance including the Ship at Low Newton and the Jolly Fisherman at Craster. We also discovered Barter Books in Alnwick which is a must! - 9th January 2016
A beautiful family home from home! We had a fabulous week at 3 The Villas with a houseful of relatives. Even though there were 10 of us we still had plenty of space and didn't feel we were on top of each other. It was so lovely to have the rear sitting room with underfloor heating as well as the more formal lounge. Beautiful rural/sea views from all the rooms at the front of the house. Well equipped, lovely comfortable beds and bedding. The house is full of character with some of the original Victorian charm such as fireplaces, sash windows and high ceilings. There was no need for us to use the fires during our stay however plenty of logs provided and I would imagine it would be quite cosy to light them during the colder weather. The position of 3 The Villas is excellent, a 10 minute walk to the beautiful Embleton Bay beach, so unspoilt and despite being the height of the season not at all crowded. Easy drive to some magnificent castles and sights and we loved our visit to Cragside. The only thing that was difficult to get was a signal on our phones and wifi was very slow, not that this bothered us too much however at one point I did need to call the Dr. and had to run up the road a bit to get a signal! I will definitely return without doubt!! - 18th August 2015
This is an exceptional house in a stunning location. It was such a pleasure to stay at The Villas and the house was ideal for all family members - from grandparents to babies. We'd love to return at any time of year. - 21st July 2015
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Sponge 15% off Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights...
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 27%.<...
Dineindulge Private Chef Service by Dineindulge
Would you be interested in having a private chef cater for you during your stay from as little as £25 per head?
The Villas is a 5 bedroomed 3 storey property located in Embleton Village. It is approached from the public road and then via an unmade private road. Once at the property a gravel driveway leads up a gentle slope to the front door.
Car Parking is available on both the drive or the private road.
• All guests are provided with written directions to the property
• The nearest bus stop is located on the main road passing through the village centre approx 500 metres from the property. There is a fairly steep public road leading from the village to the private road serving the property ,this is about 250 m long, with a tarmac footpath.
• Alnmouth Railway Station is 9 miles away .Berwick Railway Station is 30 miles.
• Taxis can be booked by telephone - See our welcome folder for useful numbers.
• This access statement is available in the 'Welcome File' in the cottage.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• Car parking is available up to within 1.5m of the front door.
• Cars can be parked on the driveway or the private road running upto and in front of the property.
• Outside the property the paths are in good repair with a mixture of gravel or riven stone pavings.
• There are 3 steps up to the front door. Alternatively access can be gained using the rear doors - here there is a single step up from the gravel path to the front onto the stone flagged path around the side and rear of the property. Through a gate with a minimum clear opening of 86cm This path is generally 90cm wide but with a small pinch point which reduces the width to 86cm due to protruding stonework .There is a further single step (15cm) down to the rear double access doors. The doors have a 2cm high thresh.
• The rear garden includes riven stone flagged sitting areas with 2 single steps which are 20 and 24cm high.
• The main entrance is via the front door.
• There is PIR operated lighting outside the front door.
• Access to the front door is via 3 steps of 15cm and then a level thresh of through a door 120 cm wide. The keyhole is 125cm high. The key must be turned to the right .
• The front door opens into an inner lobby c. 1.1m x 2m .There is then an inward opening door to the hall area and this is hinged on the right. The flooring to the inner lobby is coir matting then carpet throughout the entrance hall.
• The lights switch is on the left hand side .
• The inner lobby includes the electric distribution board which is at high level and requires step ladder access. (Steps are located in understairs cupboard)
• From the hallway there is access to the lounge and the kitchen dining area and the stairs to the upper floors.
• Except where noted otherwise , all the internal doors throughout the property have brass victorian knob handles and the doors are 80cm clear opening width .
• The staircase is a straight flight upto a single quarter landing after which are 2 steps go to either the left or right to access the bathroom or the first floor landing/bedrooms.There is a handrail on the right hand side.
• The area is evenly lit with pendant lights.
Lounge (off ground floor hall)
• The floor is carpeted and there are 2 nr 3-4 person settees.
• There is a central lighting pendant and 2 nr occasional table lamps.
• A tv cabinet houses the television and sky/dvd box with remote controls.
• There is an open fire place in which to burn logs only.
• Low level window with safety glass to the lower sliding sashes.
• There are 3 first floor bedrooms - 2 x king sized (one of which is zip-and-link so can be twin on request),1 x twin (zip-and-link beds so can be made into super-king on request).The doors are 80cm clear opening.
• There is a over 900mm to the sides of the beds,
• Lighting is provided by a single ceiling light and bedside table lamps
• There are wardrobes and drawers in each room.
• The floors are all carpeted .
• One double bedroom has access to an ensuite shower/dressing room with both carpet and tiled flooring .This ensuite has a pedestal basin , closet wc and a low level access shower.
Bathroom - First Floor
• There is a wash hand basin on a pedestal , 880mm high.
• There is a 1700mm bath with a shower attachment and a separate curved shower cubicle with a 25cm step into it.
• There are lever taps on both the basin and the bath.
• The WC seat is 400mm from the floor and flushed via a lever handle .
• The flooring is linoleum.
First Floor Landing
• The landing is carpeted and illuminated by pendant light fittings.
• The second staircase is a straight flight with a top winder providing accost the second floor landing.
• It is evenly lit with pendant and spot light fittings.
Second Floor Bedrooms
• There are two large bedrooms off a small landing .1x Double and 1 x Twin.
• All floors are carpeted and the landing /bedrooms are evenly lit with ceiling spotlights, plus bedside lights.
• Each bedroom has wardrobes /hanging spaces and drawers for storage.
• The beds have over 900mm of access to all sides.
Second Floor Bathroom
• There is a wall mounted wash hand basin 830mm high with a wall mounted vanity cupboard below .
• There is a curved shower cubicle with a 20cm step into it
• There are lever taps on the basin.
• The WC seat is 400mm from the floor and flushed via a lever handle.
• The flooring is tiled.
Kitchen / Dining Area (ground floor)
• Accessed from the main hallway the kitchen leads onto the open plan dining area and beyond to the rear living room , utility and w.c.
• The floors are a mixture of ceramic tiles and timber boarding.There is a small lip of 25mm between the differing floor finishes between the kitchen and dining area.
• The kitchen includes an electric range cooker,painted fitted kitchen with cupboards and drawers , oak and granite worktops.
• There is fire blanket on the wall near the hob.
• The work surface is 92cm high and 60cm deep. The belfast sink and electric hob are also at 92cm high.
• Above the hob is an extractor unit which operates by controls at the front, there are wall cupboards as well as under bench cupboards and drawers.
• A microwave is also available on the worktop
• The dishwasher is under bench to the left of the sink. The door opens from the top downwards
• Catering standard crockery is provided in the cupboards above and below the work surfaces. Glasses and cups etc are in the wall cupboards.
• The electric oven can be accessed from the front. The oven door grill is under bench height.
• There is a music system in the dining area.
• The timber dining table is size 90cm wide x 220 cm long x 76 cm high and comes with 6 dining chairs ( 2 carvers ,4 plain ) and a bench proving seating for upto 10 people.
• There is an open fire in which logs may be burnt.
• There are low level sliding sash windows to the front of the property with safety glass to the lower panes.
• Lighting is via central pendants and under unit lights to the kitchen.
• Access to the utility room and rear door and second living room.
• The wc door is operated by a farmhouse style suffolk latch.
• There is a pedestal wash hand basin with lever taps and a closet wc with lever flush. The wc may provide difficult access to wheelchair users.
• Washer /dryer, the oil fired boiler and secondary fridge freezer are located here.
• Lighting is by ceiling mounted spots.
• Flooring is ceramic tiling.
• There is a front loading washing/drying machine.
• The washer dryer is 60cm wide and 86cm high.
Rear Living Room
• From the kitchen is a farmhouse style door, with suffolk latch, leading to a rear lobby and the rear entrance door 76cm clear opening width .This external door is 90cm clear opening width and there is a 4 cm thresh and the door has lever handles.
• From the lobby are 2 nr 10 cm steps to the rear living room. The living room floor is carpeted.
• A range of wall,ceiling and feature lights are controlled by a dimmer switch to the right hand wall at the top of these steps.
• A 3 piece suite provides seating for 6-7 people and a window bench seat provides space for 3-4 more.
• There is a large inglenook fireplace housing log burning stove . Instructions for use of the stove are provided in the Welcome Pack.
• There are grassed areas outside the front of the property.
• To the rear is an enclosed garden mainly laid to grass.
• There are riven stone paved sitting areas at differing heights with both formal and informal seating and tables
• Access to the grassed areas is via a stone steps of various heights.
• There is lighting to the paths around the rear of the property operated from within.
• There is a small Londis supermarket and post office in the village selling basic provisions and a garage selling fuel and a few essentials.
• Refer to welcome pack for further information.
• Windows throughout the property area mix of new and original sliding sash windows or ( second floor ) velux roof windows. The original sash windows include the old float glass which is distorted and more fragile than new glass.Those windows/sashes below 900mm are fitted with safety glass but care should be taken when operating the sash windows. Some of the sashes will not open at all and should not be forced.
• Maps and places of interest leaflets are in the straw basket on the bookcase.
• The premises are non Smoking