This former barn has been sympathetically converted into 2 semi-detached houses, to make the most of the superb location affording sea views from many windows. Longstone sleeps 4 and its next door neighbour, Fidra, sleeps 6, so these properties could be booked together for larger parties of up to 10.
Longstone has 2 bedrooms on the ground floor as well as the family bathroom, and the first floor provides an open-plan living/dining/kitchen space with spectacular views from large picture windows. Sit with your morning coffee or at mealtimes and gaze out at the Farne Islands in one direction and the remains of Dunstanburgh Castle in another. On fine days enjoy less than a mile's walk to the unspoilt beach at Embleton and walk north to Low Newton or south along the beach to the National Trust's Dunstanburgh Castle and Craster. After a walk, the golf club at Embleton provides a warm welcome and refreshments or, if you are walking further afield, The Ship Inn at Low Newton has its own micro-brewery and serves food (lobster its speciality) or the Jolly Fisherman in Craster has a lovely eating area overlooking the sea. Don't forget to try the renowned Craster Kippers from Robson's traditional smokehouse in Craster!
Enjoy a very comfortable week at Longstone Cottage on the rugged north Northumberland coast, drinking in the sea vistas whatever the weather! If you have a dog, bring him or her along to enjoy the stunning beach walks.
Entrance through the front door to an inner hall, this is an upside down house with bedrooms on the ground floor and living areas upstairs.
- open-plan sitting/dining/kitchen area with panoramic views from large picture windows.
- A good range of units for storage, plus surface worktops.
- Crockery, cutlery, glasses etc for up to 4 persons, allowing for day guests
- electric cooker,
- range of pans and cookware.
- Part of the first floor living area with large pine dining table and chairs
- Sitting area has 2 x 2-seater leather sofas, coffee table, TV, DVD player, music system, bookcase and selection of books,
- Large window with panaramic views to rear of the property over farmland to the sea and Dunstanburgh Castle.
Bedrooms & Bathroom
- Bedroom 1 - double bedroom with wicker-effect wardrobe storage and bedside cabinets.
- Bedroom 2 - twin bedroom, also with wicker-effect wardrobe storage and cabinets.
- Family bathroom - bath with shower over, wash hand basin and WC.
- DVD player,
- music system,
- bookcase and selection of books
- Private parking
- Grassed external area for sitting out at the front. Table and bench provided.
What's included at Longstone
- Oil central heating
- All bed linen and towels
- Private parking
- Grassed external area for sitting out at the front. Table and bench provided.
Bringing Your Dog on Holiday to Longstone
Longstone welcomes one well behaved dog @ £25 per week or part thereof. When you book you will be asked to provide some information about your pet which will aide the owner in ensuring that the property is set up to welcome them.
A bit of K9 etiquette should be observed during your stay:-
- Your pet should not be left in the property unattended (unless crated - crates can be hired)
- Your pet should not be allowed in the bedrooms or on furniture
- On booking for your pet, you are confirming that it is fully up to date on its flea treatment.
Special Notes & Conditions
Notes and Conditions:
- Short breaks are accepted at certain times of the year
- The cottage is non-smoking
- 1 well-behaved dog is accepted, charged @ £25 per week or part thereof
- Saturday changeover
- Sleeps 4
- 2 bedrooms
- 1 bathroom
- 1 pet allowed
- No WiFi internet
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Central heating
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Private parking available
- 1 mile from a beach
- 0.25 mile from a pub
- 0.25 mile from a shop
- Sea views
- No smoking
This was a great place to stay - fantastic views over the coast, great location with walks to local castle, pubs and bays. The house had everything we needed and was very comfortable (albeit with very creaky noisy stairs!). The beach was about 15mins walk away and was beautiful. The local pubs served good food and the local playground was an added bonus - my son loved it! Only negative of the week was the arrival of the owner of the adjacent Seahouses on Saturday as we were leaving- a very rude woman who obviously has a problem with holiday lets - she made a big point of saying she was an owner occupier. She complained vociferously about us walking on her property - this was a path to the car park which wasn't marked as private. This was a complete over reaction as it was literally just a few steps on her 'drive'. While her rudeness didn't spoil our holiday it's a shame that our last interaction was negative - everyone else we had met had been really friendly. - 15th August 2018
Cottage was comfortable with stunning views from the lounge. Fantastic location, beautiful beach at Embleton. - 4th July 2018
A lovely cottage with excellent views. Wifi would have made our stay better especially on the wet days to keep the kids happy but apart from that no complaints. - 20th July 2017
Will be going back again when possible, some of the equipment ie, toaster, extractor fan needs up dating, but otherwise a great holiday cottage in a great location. - 3rd May 2017
We have been coming to these cottages for many years , this is the second time in Longstone found it very comfortable and all the kitchen utensils etc excellent. Bed very comfortable perhaps a blackout blind in bedroom although it was good to see the sun most mornings. Would certainly recommend cottage to friends.great position for walks on beach for the dog.some good eating places out and about.will be returning next year once again.a hidden gem. - 18th May 2016
Lovely stay in Northumberland, cottage was well equipped and very comfortable. Amazing views and a good location for exploring the whole coastline. A couple of good places to eat in Embleton, and a decent kids park - 16th July 2015
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Sponge 15% off Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights...
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 27%.<...
Dineindulge Private Chef Service by Dineindulge
Would you be interested in having a private chef cater for you during your stay from as little as £25 per head?
Access Statement For Longstone Cottage Embleton
Longstone cottage 2 bedroomed 2 storey property located in Embleton Village. It is
approached from the public road via an unmade track into a private courtyard
( Dunstanburgh view ) .Once inside the courtyard,gravel driveways lead down to the
cottage. Car Parking is designated in the grounds - 2 spaces per property.
• Our letting agents ( Stay Northumbria and Northumbria Coast and Country
Cottages ) have an extensive website, with pictures of the rooms.
• Enquiries can be made directly from the websites , via email, or via telephone or by
• All guests are provided with written directions to the property
• The nearest bus stop is located on the main road outside the property at a distance
of approx 300 metres from the cottage.
• Alnmouth Railway Station is 9 miles away .Berwick Railway Station is 30 miles
• Taxis can be booked by telephone - See our welcome folder useful numbers.
• This access statement is available in the 'Welcome File' in the cottage.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• Designated Car parking is available on the right hand side as you enter the
courtyard. Cars should refrain from parking directly outside the cottage as it impedes
other property users.
• Other than whilst unloading / repacking cars should not park outside the cottage but
instead on the top parking area.
• Outside the property the pavements are in good repair with a gravel surface finish
and generally the area is level.
• The main entrance is the front door. The key for this door is located under a stone to
the left of the door.
• There is PIR operated lighting outside the cottage but none in the courtyard.
• The front door has a step of 15cm onto a level access point approx 1.80m x 0.9m
and then a thresh of 2cm through a door of 800cm x 198cm, The keyhole is 140cm
high. The key must be turned to the right .
• The front door opens into the hall area and is hinged on the right. The flooring is coir
matting then timber throughout the entrance hall and bathroom. The bedrooms are
• The lights switch is on the right hand side .
• From the entrance lobby there are 2 bedrooms located on your left , and an inner
lobby within which is located the electric meter, room thermostat and the washer/
dryer. Access to the bathroom /wc is in this area. The doors are all 76cm wide .
• The staircase has a single quarter landing after 4 steps .There is a handrail on the
right hand side
• The area is evenly lit with pendant lights
• There are 2 ground floor bedrooms - 1x double ,1 x twin .
• There is a maximum of 80 cm to the sides of the beds
• Lighting is provided by a single ceiling light and bedside table lamps
• There is a small wardrobe and drawers in each room.
• The floors are carpeted
• There is a wash hand basin on a pedestal , 830mm high.
• There is a 1700mm bath with an electric shower over and a glass shower screen
• There are lever taps on both the basin and the bath.
• The WC seat is 400mm from the floor and flushed via a lever
• The flooring is timber laminate
Kitchen / Dining Area & Lounge
• The staircase leads onto the living area on the first floor.There are no doors
• The floor is carpeted, there are 2 , 2 seater sofas,
• There is a TV with remote control, a DVD and a music centre
• The dining table size 80cm wide x 200cm long x 72 cm high 6 dining chairs
• There is a 4 shelf book case holding a small library of books, maps, CD;s DVD’s etc.
• There is a coffee table in front of the two sofas
• There are a variety of wall lights/ceiling pendants and table lamps controlled by
switches throughout the living area.
• The kitchen area has a timber floor, the worktops are laminate and there is an
electric cooker/hob with extract fan . A stainless steel sink , tall fridge/freezer and a
• There is fire blanket at on the wall near the hob.
• The work surface is 92cm high and 60cm deep. The sink and electric hob are also at
• Above the hob is an extractor unit which operates by controls at the front, there are
wall cupboards as well as under bench cupboards and drawers.
• A microwave is also available on the worktop
• The dishwasher is under bench to the right of the sink. The door opens from the top
• Catering standard crockery is provided in the cupboards above and below the work
surfaces. Glasses and cups etc are in the wall cupboards.
• The electric oven can be accessed from the front. The oven door grill is under bench
• The kitchen is lit by spotlights which are switched from the end of the island unit
• There is a front loading washing/drying machine available in the alcove on the
• The washer dryer is 60cm wide and 86cm high.
• In the property a drying rack is stored in the hall cupboard..
• There is a small lands supermarket and post office in the village selling basic provisions
and a garage selling fuel and a few essentials .
• Refer to welcome pack for further information
• There are grassed areas outside the front of the property available to all guests
within Dunstanburgh View .
• There is a timber bench seat/table immediately outside the cottage and 2 pvc chairs.
• Access to the grassed areas is across a stone/concrete step approx 10cm high
• A Welcome Pack is produced in dyslexia friendly font, plus separate leaflets for all
• Maps and places of interest leaflets are in the straw basket on the bookcase.
• Pets are welcome - please inform us on booking.
• The premises are non Smoking
• Owner Address: David and Lesley Wylde ,25 Holywell ave ,Whitley Bay ,Tyne and
Wear NE26 3AH tel 07796681142
• Email: email@example.com
• Caretaker - N. Wallace ( Wal ) 07745373729 or 01665 589245
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve our accommodation &
If you have any comments please phone or email us
Alternatively you can write to us at the above address.