The 1860s Old Vicarage at Beadnell is a large stunning, stone property in a private setting, surrounded by its own woodland, garden and paddock on the edge of the popular coastal village of Beadnell. Ideally situated on Northumberland’s Heritage Coast for accessing the area’s most popular attractions, the house is a 5 minute walk to the nearest beach as well as village shop, high quality pubs and restaurants (including the recently renovated Beadnell Towers hotel) and less than a 5 minute drive to the nearest golf course. The property is in the ownership of descendants of 18th century. Beadnell landowner John Wood (who built the Harbour and resided at Beadnell Hall), and Thomas Wood Craster (High Sheriff of Northumberland in 1852), whose family name and crest adorns the Craster Arms Hotel/Restaurant.
Offering traditionally decorated accommodation, the Vicarage welcomes you via a gated gravel drive, to a gravel parking area. Through the courtyard door is a walled courtyard providing quality teak furniture, barbecue, and the old stable providing secure storage for leisure equipment. Entering the property through the flagstone floor kitchen with "antique Aga", downstairs is a cloakroom, drawing room with open fire and 40"+ TV with Freeview and DVD, a formal dining room and study. Upstairs on the 1st floor are 4 bedrooms - 1 King double, 1 King double with wash basin, 1 King double ensuite bathroom (shower over bath), 1 twin bedroom and 2 further updated family bathrooms, both with shower over bath. Up on the 2nd floor is a charming further double bedroom (can be opened for an additional charge), adjacent to the newly redecorated games room with table tennis table and American style pool table.
The property sleeps up to 8 people, and the ground floor as well as the games room have been recently redecorated and fitted with new fixtures and games tables.
Outside, the property stands in its own grounds and guests are welcome to use the enclosed courtyard, the front/side lawn and the woodland arboretum. Note that the front paddock is "out of bounds" as it is let for grazing.
- Large, stunning property set in its own private grounds
- Surrounded by woodland and paddock on the edge of Beadnell
- The Vicarage welcomes you via a gated gavel drive, to a gravel parking area
- Through the courtyard door is a completely enclosed area with teak furniture and a barbecue
- The old stable provides secure storage for leisure equipment
Kitchen & Boot/Utility Room
The Boot/Utility room - rear entrance:
- Deep Belfast style sink
- Ceiling airer
- Oil boiler - water & central heating
- Hoover and housekeeping materials
- Large fridge
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Antique Aga (electric) with traditional ceiling airer
- Electric oven and hob
- Crockery, cutlery, glasses and utensils for up to 8 people
- Catering size pans, oven dishes etc
- Radio/CD player
- Breakfasting table and chairs
- Flagstone floor
- An elegant, formal room with traditional furniture and crystal chandelier
- Mahogany dining table and 8 chairs
- Traditional mahogany sideboard
- Mahogany drinks cabinet
- Views over the front garden to the paddock
Drawing Room (Lounge)
- Dual aspect room with window to front overlooking garden, to the side overlooking paddock
- Seating for all
- Large flat screen TV with Freeview and DVD player
- Open wood burning fire
- Antique rug
- Leather sofa
- 2 sitting chairs
- Mahogany butler’s secretaire - here you’ll find the local information library
- Antique rug
- Small TV with Freeview and DVD
- Views to the front garden and side over the gravel driveway to the Arboretum
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
- Master Bedroom
- King size double bed
- Dressing table
- Chest of Drawers
- Large wardrobe
- Bedside tables & lamps
- 2 chairs
- Twin Bedroom
- 2 single 3’ beds
- Bedside cabinets & lamps
- Dressing table
- Double Bedroom (front)
- Double bed
- Dressing table
- Bedside tables & lamps
- Wash basin
- Side table
- 2 chairs
- Double Bedroom - ensuite (side)
- Double bed
- Chest of drawers/table
- 2 chairs
- Ensuite, bath with overhead shower, washbasin, toilet
- Pine floor
- Bathroom (rear)
- Bath with overhead shower, toilet and washbasin
- Linoleum floor
- Bathroom (landing)
- Bath with overhead shower, toilet, bidet and washbasin
- Linoleum floor
- Double bedroom (Will only be opened at an additional cost and must be pre-booked)
- Double iron bedstead bed
- Bedside tables and lamps
- Fabric wardrobe
- Stripped pine floor
- Mini tennis table
- Pool table
- 2 small sofas
- Striped pine floor with velux window
- WiFi (coverage restricted due to the size of house and thick stone walls)
- Large flatscreen TV (Drawing Room)
- DVD player (Drawing Room)
- Piano (Drawing Room)
- Small TV with Freeview and DVD (Study)
- Radio/CD player (Kitchen)
- Bookcase and library of books, magazines and local information
- The property stands in its own private grounds separate from Beadnell Village
- Surrounded by woodland and paddock
- Enclosed walled courtyard with large circular teak table and bench
- Front lawn and woodland arboretum
- The front paddock, whilst belonging to the house is out of bounds as leased to a local farmer for grazing. Please do not disturb the cattle/sheep
What’s included @ Old Vicarage?
- Bedding (duvets per bed and 2 pillows per person)
- Bed linen
- Towels (hand and bath sheet per person, plus bathroom hand towels
- Kitchen towel
- Tea towel
- Oven glove
- Oil for central heating & hot water
- WiFi (restricted)
- Initial supply of logs, kindling and matches October-March
- Welcome pack: tea, coffee, sugar, milk and a sweet treat
- Parking for up to 4 cars
What can be arranged @ Old Vicarage?
Charges apply, see options and extras
- 1 well behaved dog welcome @ £25 per week or part thereof
- Travel cot (no mattress, protector or linen is supplied)
- High Chair
- Dog duvet
- Plastic dog bed
- Dog crate - large/medium
The following can be hired
- Travel cot - no mattress, linen or towels for infant supplied
- High chair
Bringing your dog on holiday
The Old Vicarage welcomes one well behaved dog @ £25 per dog per week, or part thereof by prior arrangement. Please note that dogs are only allowed in the uncarpeted downstairs rooms only - kitchen and back kitchen, as well as the dry, secure stable.
A bit of K9 etiquette should be observed during your stay.
- Guests are responsible for ensuring dogs access the kitchen, back kitchen and stable areas only and do not enter carpeted areas or climb on any items of furniture.
- Your pet should not be left in the property unattended (unless crated - crates can be hired).
- Guests are asked to clear up any dog hair shed throughout the house as best as possible, and all dog mess in the garden/on any mown grass areas. We reserve the right to pass on the cost of professional cleaning and rental loss should dog hair, urine stains or other dog mess be found outside of the designated areas, or on carpets or furniture.
- When you book, you will be asked to provide some information about your pet which will aid us in ensuring that the property is set up to welcome them.
The following can be hired:
- Dog duvet
- Plastic dog bed
- Dog crate, medium
Damages, Breakages & Security Deposit
Old Vicarage, Beadnell is both a family home and a rental property furnished with antique pieces, some passed down through the owner’s family for generations. The owners ask that guests take good care of it - guests are responsible for and expected to take all reasonable care of its furniture, pictures/paintings and fittings in or on the property.
Guests are responsible and liable for any breakages or damage caused to the property. A refundable Accidental Damage Deposit of £500 or a non-refundable Accidental Damage Deposit Waiver of £50 is required for this property.
Special notes and conditions
- This is a non-smoking property.
- This property is not available to stag, hen or diving parties.
- 1 well behaved dog welcome @ £25 per pet per week or part thereof, see Bringing Your Dog on holiday for information.
- House price is for up to 8 people using the four 1st floor bedrooms. Use of 2nd floor bedroom must be registered on booking (an additional charge of £25 is payable). Maximum occupancy must not exceed 8 persons.
- Looking to accommodate more people? Old Vicarage is bookable with the owner’s other cottages - The Haven (sleeps 4) and Topcliffe (sleeps 5) in Beadnell, less than a 10 minute walk from Old Vicarage and offering unobstructed direct oceanfront views.
- Saturday changeover
- Sleeps 8
- 5 bedrooms
- 3 bathrooms
- 1 pet allowed
- WiFi internet
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Central heating
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Private parking available
- 0.25 mile from a beach
- 0.25 mile from a pub
- 0.25 mile from a shop
- Sea views
- No smoking
Fantastic property- great for families with a dog! Perfect. Stephen Cock - 12th November 2019
It was a beautiful property and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and hope to stay again at some point.Mr B Waterhouse - 5th September 2019
We spent an eventful and enjoyable week in the Old Vicarage. We all felt it was a real privilege to to be able to stay there. The house has been beautifully maintained and has a real sense of being a happy family home rather than a rental. The furniture and the decorative style is all in keeping with a a traditional vicarage and we all delighted in looking in every nook and cranny of the house. The beds were super comfortable and the provision of all extras like soap, shampoo and loo roll really made it an easy stay. The dining and and cooking equipment was exceptional.I had ordered a Tescos delivery which arrived on time so we were all set. There is a well stocked village shop 5 minutes if we needed anything. And Seahouses, 5 mins in the car has a CoOp and other shops. The house is 5 minutes from the sea. Glorious walks along the beach , visits to Lindisfarne, Bamburgh, Warkworth Castle all made it a brilliant week. Fabulous fish restaurant- The Jolly Fisherman Inn at Craster was our favourite eating place. We were there during the recent storms and some tree limbs came down on the drive. The management were superb and sorted the problem very quickly. Noe of us wanted to leave the house, it was wonderful! - 27th September 2018
We stayed at The Vicarage in Beadnell. It was a comfortable traditional house and perfect for a family get together over Christmas. There was plenty of room with 2 lounges, games room and spacious bedrooms. The kitchen with the Aga was cosy and very well equipped. The formal dining room was perfect for Christmas lunch (though the candle ban was a little disappointing but understandable). The location was superb with a short walk to a pub, cafe and shop as well as the spectacular beach. We had a wonderful holiday and I would be happy to return again. Stay Northumberland were particularly helpful via email and phone. - 12th January 2018
What a beautiful home; our family were blown away by every aspect of this charming, warm property - a lovely week in a part of the world that is very special to us. Literally no complaints ... we're hoping to visit again next year and will hopefully make it a regular thing. A great place to make memories. - 12th September 2017
The house is situated in its own grounds, so feels hidden away, but is close to the local pubs and shops. Ideal for big groups, welcomes dogs, and there is a lot to see along the coastline. - 3rd September 2017
We are regulars to Northumberland but are still discovering new things to see - this year it was Old Bewick. The Old Vicarage is an excellent base for a large crowd. Plenty of room for all. The kitchen is well equipped and the beds are comfortable. Plenty of parking space and lovely quiet surrounds. One issue - the windows are now all secured: this has the benefit of keeping in the heat and preventing break-ins, but it also means there is no fresh air in the bedrooms. Most of the year this won't matter but when temperatures are high it could be stifling. For us fresh air at night is a must. Also, if you want stable wifi you should look elsewhere. - 8th June 2017
We were a party of 8 adults, needing 5 rooms, and preferably somewhere on the NE coast, so this house was a great discovery. Mostly we live in the UK, but two of the party arrived from Melbourne, Australia, so we needed somewhere they could feel warm. Arrival was painless (apart from the tail end of Storm Barbara), and the house was indeed warm and welcoming. We much appreciated the touches like the Christmas tree and crackers, as well as mince pies, and foil to wrap a big bird in. Various expeditions were made - to Holy Island, Dunstanburgh and along to the pub at High Newton. Sometime it was was wet and windy but on the last day the wind left us, and we had a wonderful beach walk. People who liked lime kilns and birds were suitably entertained. We made a Christmas lunch of goose with all the trimmings - a bit of an epic in an unfamiliar kitchen, but it worked! And the only thing we really missed was a large carving dish, so all in all a tribute to the equipment in the house. Bedrooms were comfortable, and hot water plentiful. The living room was suitable for a group, although lighting the fire seemed a slightly slow process - whether due to the wind direction or lightly damp wood was not clear - but we always managed in the end. It was good to have a big dining room for the evenings - very civilised.The upstairs games room was a bit of a disappointment - while it did contain both table football and table tennis, it was impossible for adults to play either game, due to space restrictions. Maybe it is OK for young children, but it would be worth either removing one of them, or advising the limitations. So in general we were very pleased to have found this place - being close to the coast in a small village with 2 pubs and a bistro suited us very well, and the house enabled a happy family reunion. As for would we recommend it (below) - well yes, for a group who want something a bit different - but we only know about its winter persona. Of course it would have been a quite different experience in summer, and we didn't have the chance to use the BBQ etc, and sadly there were no Highland cattle to be seen. We probably won't have need for such a large place again in the near future, but are always happy to return to the Northumbrian coast when the diaries permit. - 4th January 2017
We spent a great week at The Old Vicarage (Oct 2016) and there was plenty of space for three generations under the same roof. The house was warm, comfortable and well equipped. The location is perfect for exploring the Northumbrian countryside and close to a number of beautiful beaches. The only one negative is that it is billed as a pet friendly property (and we paid extra to include the dog) and yet the expectation is for the dog to sleep outside in a stable that is cold, damp and could not be secured. - 3rd November 2016
This was a fantastic base for a holiday for our two families (4 adults, 4 children between 10 and 15, plus dog!) The house is really spacious and well-equipped. It was in easy walking distance of Beadnell's shop, cafe and pubs. Could also walk to the nearest beach, but loads of good beaches up and down the coast from here, so drove to those too - car parking free in a lot of places. Welcome pack of tea, coffee, milk and biscuits was a nice touch on arrival. Really enjoyed staying here, and would recommend it. - 3rd August 2016
The house is brilliantly situated, very near the sandy beach of Beadnell Bay. Wonderfully spacious and well equipped for the whole family. Only 2 gripes...our teenagers were disappointed with the WiFi speed and the enclosed outside space for the dogs was inadequate. The front paddock was full of sheep and the poor fencing allowed them to be in the front and side part of the lawn and into the Arboretum. Dog owners be aware that the surface of the only enclosed outside space has sharp chippies in it. - 20th July 2016
The Northumberland coast is uniquely wonderful. Beadnell is a great place from which to explore. The Old Vicarage is secluded and quiet and set in lovely surrounds. The house is formal but very spacious; the living room is cosy and the bedrooms comfortable. We needed the log fire at times and the central heating is needed even in summer. The boiler broke down but an engineer was called out on the bank Holiday and we had heating restored very promptly. The kitchen is well supplied. The aga had to be disconnected before we arrived but we had all the necessaries for cooking. We would consider coming again as the house is excellent for a company of 8 and we enjoyed our stay. We loved the spaciousness. Internet is intermittent and towards the end of the week non-existent. Perhaps a clock ? Maps ? No problems with parking. - 7th June 2016
Excellent property, excellent location, we really enjoyed our stay. Have only given good for cleanliness as some cobwebs on lower shelves in kitchen, dead bee on windowsill in bathroom in en suite, these were small but noticeable details. The control valve on the radiator in the en suite bedroom was broken when we arrived, not a problem for us as we switched off the heating altogether(we reported this). The seat on the downstairs loo was loose and broke very quickly, we mended and reported it. It was attended to very promptly but was still loose afterwards so we could not see what repairs had been carried out, therefore we did not use this loo again. Overall loved the property, we were walking and visiting local tourist spots so perfect for our needs. - 10th August 2015
We had a good week at the Vicarage - our second stay at this location. I have sent a separate email to Stay Northumbria dealing with some minor issues where improvement would be possible. These related to: The bottom tray of the dishwasher was slightly faulty Questionable fire escape situation in the en suite bedroom BBQ could do with a new grill tray - 11th June 2014
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Sponge 15% off Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights...
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 27%.<...
Dineindulge Private Chef Service by Dineindulge
Would you be interested in having a private chef cater for you during your stay from as little as £25 per head?
The Old Vicarage is a three storey property in Beadnell.
• The nearest bus stop is on the main street in Beadnell approx 350m away
• Chathill Railway Station is 5 miles away
• Taxis can be booked by telephone - Travelsure dial a ride 01665 720955 or Park taxis 01665 720542
• This access statement is available on our website and in the 'Welcome File' in the cottage.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• Car parking is available in the grounds of the house.
• Disabled spaces are available in Beadnell Car Park approx 1m.
• The grounds are gravelled and are flat.
• There is a disabled ramp which can be placed at the front door by arrangement.
Main Entrances & Doorways
• The main entrance is the front door up one 17cm step and a 8cm thresh. The key for this door is located in the key safe in the Stable to the left as you enter the rear courtyard. you will receive the
key safe code with your directions.
• Operating key safe. Slide down the front cover, enter the 4 digit code, press the lever on the left of the dials dial while pulling toward you. Retrieve key. Close safe door, scramble code and close siding flap.
• The key is for the kitchen door which is up 2 steps, the hole is 98 cms from the bottom of the door.
• The entrance door opens into the utility area which is flagstone. Turn right into kitchen - kitchen door is 80cm wide opening.
General house layout:
All bedrooms are on the 1st floor, plus a 5th bedroom on the 2nd floor.
Kitchen has a centre table with minimum 105cm access all the way round. Two runs of units, one incorporating 80cm stainless steel sink with lever operated tap, the other run incorporating 600 ceramic hob, double oven electric AGA on the third wall. Storage cupboards both wall and floor, extractor hood over oven with a microwave on the bench. Two dishwashers, washing machine and tumble drier are all situated in the large utility room. Freezer is in the larder off the utility room. Fridge is under bench in the kitchen to left of sink.
Leave the kitchen into small lobby off which is the downstairs WC with wash basin. Off the lobby into main hall off which is:
Lounge - this large area is large bright and comfortable with two large sofas, easy chairs, piano, TV with
DVD, book case with books, and an open working fire.
There are 2 standard lamps, 3 occasional tables.
From the lounge is an inner hallway to the left is the dining room with large dining table and 8 chairs, 2 side boards and serving trolley.
A further lounge on the left offers secondary seating and TV viewing area, a Large bureau houses information leaflets and library of books.
The front door to the property is at the end of this hallway.
Off the hall runs the double flight main stair case with 12 stairs, a half landing and 12 stairs on the second flight to 1st floor landing off which are the nursery/office, a twin bedroom, the main bedroom, and 2 double bedrooms 1 of which is ensuite and 2 bathrooms.
All bedrooms offer large spaces which enable ample space for maneuvering and have large windows offering good light.
At the end of the hallway is the staircase to the 2nd floor. A wooden staircase with a right twist 90 degree turn.
At the 2nd floor landing on the left is a large wooden floored double bedroom, and next to it a very large games room with pool table and full size table tennis table.
Flooring to 2nd Floor is all stripped wood.
The enclosed courtyard (two steps down from the rear utility door) is gravelled, has a charcoal barbecue and a large heavy teak outdoor dining table and 6 teak chairs.
On a wider scale the house is surrounded by paddocks and wooded area less than 500 metres from the beach.
All taps in the property have large easily operated valves.
All 1st floor bedrooms are carpeted, all bath/shower rooms have lino floor
The house is centrally heated with radiators and has one open fire in the lounge.
The utility and kitchen have flagged floor, the lounge, dining room and hall has good quality short pile
• A Welcome Pack is produced in dyslexia friendly font, plus separate folders for all manufacturers
instruction leaflets and places of interest leaflets.
• A notice board is supplied and displays the Fire Risk Assessment and the telephone contact number
of the keyholder/caretaker and other general information you may find useful
• Pets are welcome - please inform us on booking.
• The premises is non smoking throughout.
• Wifi is available, the wifi code on the back of the box situated on the 2nd floor in the office
• Telephone: 01665 721380
• Email: email@example.com state The Vicarage Beadnell on any correspondence
• Website: www.staynorthumbria.co.uk
• Hours of operation: Property is open all year. Office 9am-5pm Mon-Sat. Otherwise emergency only.