Located on the edge of North Sunderland, in a tranquil setting between Seahouses and Bamburgh, the cottage is only about half a mile walk from Seahouses beach or a 15-20 minute walk or short drive from the centre of Seahouses village. Its location is close enough to enjoy all the village amenities - shops, restaurants, pubs and the harbour with trips to the Farne Islands, yet provides a peaceful retreat at the end of the day.
Originally the open-sided stone built shed where farmers have kept their carts and farm machinery since the 1830's, now fully refurbished and extended, The Cartshed offers luxury accommodation in a very traditional style - no boutique furniture, geometric designs or psychedelic colour schemes here. We offer an open plan lounge/kitchen/dining area with vaulted ceilings and beams, a huge gable window with double doors leads onto the south-facing enclosed walled patio courtyard. Stone flag floors, and traditional rustic furnishings offer a warm welcome, along with every modern convenience tucked away behind the traditional kitchen units. Two lovely bedrooms offer sleeping for 4, one room is ensuite with shower and the bed can be made up as a super king double or a twin, the other is a king size double or twin, with use of the family bathroom via Jack 'n Jill bedroom door, bath with shower over. Water heating is solar powered, heating is underfloor and we have a traditional wood burning stove for cosy winter breaks. Two off-road parking spaces are offered.
From the Car port enter the property into the stone flagged entrance hall which leads to all other rooms.
- Good range of floor and wall units with ample work surface and storage
- A mix of granite and solid wood worksurfaces.
- Electric range oven with ceramic hob
- Good range of quality pans and cookware
- Excellent range of Crockery, cutlery, glasses etc for up to 6 persons, allowing for day guests
- Nespresso Pixie machine
- Dishwasher (8 place setting)
- Thermos flask, picnicware and coolbox
The Cartshed has an open plan living area which includes a dedicated dining space with drop leaf table and 4 dining chairs.
Lounge & Living area
The Cartshed has an open plan living area, which incorporates
- Lovely spacious lounge area with beamed ceiling and wrought iron ceiling lights
- Stone flag floors throughout.
- Rustic leather sofas,
- Coffee table,
- Log burning stove,
- Wall mounted TV, &
- Traditional pine furniture.
- Four velux roof lights provide excellent light
- Glass gable end window has double door access to lovely suntrap courtyard (gated) with barbecue and table & chairs for alfresco dining and relaxation.
- 1 Kingsize bedroom, will be made as kingsize but can be made up as twins on request. Jack 'n' Jill access to family bathroom. Bright airy room with window to front of property.
- 1 Superking size/twin room with ensuite shower-room bright airy room with window to front of property with velux roof window to rear.
- Family bathroom - bath with shower over, WC and WHB.
- 40 inch wall mounted flat screen TV in lounge
- Both bedrooms have wall mounted flat screen TVs
- DVD player
- Ipod Dock
- Internet Access is via a wireless mobile phone network. There is a fair usage policy in operation, so if you are likely to be using a lot of download please contact us to make special provision for this.
Double door access from living area to lovely suntrap courtyard (gated) with barbecue and table & chairs for alfresco dining and relaxation.
What's Included for your Stay @ the Cartshed
- Bedding (duvets per bed & 2 pillows per person)
- Bed linen
- Towels (hand & bath sheet per person, plus bathroom hand towels)
- kitchen towel
- Oven glove
- Wall mounted 40" TV with Freeview Channels & DVD in lounge
- Each bedroom has wall mounted TV with Freeview.
- Underfloor heating
- Solar hot water
- October-March initial supply of logs, kindling & matches.
- Welcome pack: tea, coffee (ground intro Nespresso pod selection) sugar, milk and a sweet treat.
- K9 welcome pack if you have booked your dog
- Internet access - via a wireless mobile phone network. There is a fair usage policy in operation, so if you are likely to be using a lot of download please contact us to make special provision for this.
- Parking for up to 2 cars in covered car port (max height 70")
What can be arranged for your Stay @ the Cartshed
some charges may apply
- Well behaved dogs welcome (up to 2) @ £25.00 per dog per week or part thereof
- Travel Cot (please provide your own cot linen and towels (with standard thin travel cot mattress)
- High Chair
- Plastic dog Bed
- Dog Duvet -
- Dog cage - medium or large first served basis.
- Grocery shopping or pet food shopping can be undertaken - charges apply.
Facilities for Children
- The Cartshed has limited facilties for young children
- The floors are all stone flagged
- A travel cot and high chair can be hired
- There are plenty of indoor games supplied
Bringing Your Dog on Holiday
The Cartshed welcomes well behaved dogs. When you book you will be asked to provide some information about your pet which will aide the owner in ensuring that the property is set up to welcome them.
A bit of K9 ettiquette should be observed during your stay:-
- Your pet should not be left in the property unattended (unless crated - crates can be hired - see what can be arranged on the main description tab)
- Your pet should not be allowed in the bedrooms or on furniture
- On booking for your pet, you are confirming that it is fully up to date on its flea treatment.
- This owner provides a K9 welcome pack - dog bowl (water & food), floor mat, dog towel
The following can be hired - see charges under Availability > Options and Extras
- Dog duvet
- Plastic dog bed
- Dog crate medium
- Dog crate large
Special Notes & Conditions
• Bedrooms will be made up as doubles unless specifically requested.
• Low Occupancy Discount - 1 bedroom option for 2 persons; 1st November-Easter excluding Christmas, New Year and school holidays.
• Well behaved dogs welcome (up to 2) @ £25.00 each per week or part thereof.
- Saturday changeover
- Sleeps 4
- 2 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 pets allowed
- WiFi internet
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Highchair available
- Travel cot available
- Central heating
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Private parking available
- 1 mile from a beach
- 0.25 mile from a pub
- 1 mile from a shop
- No smoking
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Sponge 15% off Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights...
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 27%.<...
Dineindulge Private Chef Service by Dineindulge
Would you be interested in having a private chef cater for you during your stay from as little as £25 per head?