A fantastic Northumberland cottage with hot tub!
Hastings House is a 5 bedroom, 5 bathroom detached holiday house which sleeps up to 10 people, plus 2 cots for infants. Well behaved pets are also welcome. It is ideally situated to appreciate the facilities offered by the village of Seahouses, and is ideal as a base to explore further afield, whether you wish to walk, golf, dive, birdwatch, horse ride, visit a castle or two, a historical garden or just generally sightsee. This purpose built holiday house has been designed to provide the very best in holiday accommodation and this has been reflected in it being awarded the highest accolade from Visit Britain - 5 * Gold Award along with their Pets, Walkers, Cyclists and Families welcome awards.
Whether you are looking to relax and chill out in our Hot Tub - which has been done even in the midst of a November hail storm by one group of guests - or you prefer to use the house as a base for summer walking, family get togethers, or to spend time with friends from across the miles who you've not seen in a while. Catering for 10 - that's big kitchen style catering - huge pans and beautiful white china to serve that celebration meal, even outdoor "crockery & glasses" for the barbie or pop it in the wicker basket for a beach picnic. Check out the ice-cream maker, bread machine and 30 cup water boiler too! Space for everyone, our bedrooms aren't massive but they have everything you'll need with flexible beds - super kingsize doubles or twins, 3 have ensuite shower rooms, and with a further family bathroom upstairs, and a family shower room downstairs, this means each bedroom has its own facilities. There are 7 televisions, yes 7, in the property, each bedroom, the lounge and the dining room, the latter being connected to two independent sky packages, there's also a DVD player and a Playstation.
- Enter through front door into entrance porch
- Hanging area for outside wear and shoe rack
- Utility cupboard containing cleaning items, first aid kit, baby box and k9 box
Catering for 10 - that's big kitchen style catering - huge pans for the "spag bol", and beautiful white china to serve that celebration meal, even outdoor "crockery & glasses" for the barby or pop it in the wicker basket for a beach picnic. Check out the ice-cream maker, bread machine and 30 cup water boiler too!
- Range style cooker with double oven, grill and ceramic hob, extractor.
- American fridge/freezer with chilled filter water and ice faciilties
- Large deep belfast style stainless steel sink
- Krupps filter coffee/espresso machine
- Pop Corn machine (small)
- Two 12 place setting dishwashers
- Granite work surfaces including central island
- Catering size quality pans and cookware
- Quality white porcelain crockery
- Quality Viners cutlery including 3 sets of children's cutlery (stainless steel)
- Glasses for every occasion
- Storage boxes
- Outside "melamine" picnic ware, picnic basket and plastic glasses.
- A through room from the kitchen separated by the double sided log burner
- Large oak dining table craftsman made especially for the house 13' long x 4' wide , and easily seating up to 12
- Huge painted and oak dresser containing table ware and glasses
- This room is great for dining, but also tends to be used to gather, chat, play board games or watch a movie
- Large flat screen TV with Sky package
- Ipod dock
- Access to decked area and hot tub
- Spacious upstairs room bisected by stair case with Juliette balcony and views over farmland to the sea and Beadnell village
- Large comfortable sofas
- Log burning stove
- Large flat screen TV with sky package
- Music station - CD/Radio
- DVD player & DVD's
- Playstation 2 games station & games
- Wii with Sports package - you are welcome to bring your own games to use.
- Rear part of the lounge offers a quiet seating area, library of books, games, jigsaws etc.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
Space for everyone, our bedrooms aren't massive but they have everything you'll need with flexible beds - super kingsize doubles or twins, 3 have ensuite shower rooms, and with a further family bathroom upstairs, and a family shower room downstairs, this means each bedroom has its own facilities.
- 2 bedrooms which can be super kingsize doubles (or if you request it 3' twins), one is ensuite shower room with whb and wc, the other uses
- Family shower room - 1700 wide shower, easy access for those with mobility problems, whb and wc
- Third bedroom is a flexible kingsize zip and link double, and is ensuite with shower room, whb and wc.
- Both rooms are superking or twin.
- 1 room is ensuite with shower room, wc & whb
- The front bedroom has double doors out onto a balcony with similar views to the lounge, this room uses the adjacent
- Family Bathroom, bath with shower over, whb and wc.
The garage is multi-functional offering
- A games room with multi-games table
- Washer drier and a hanging line for drying outdoor gear.
- Storage for cycles or leisure equipment
There are 7 televisions, yes 7, in the property, each bedroom, the lounge and the dining room, the latter being connected to two independent sky packages, there's also a DVD player and a playstation.
In the lounge library you'll find not only a good range of books and paperbacks (feel free to do swaps with those you've brought and read), but also Playstation games, cd's and DVD's.
- Large flat screen tv in the lounge
- Large flat screen TV in dining room
- SKY package including sports and movies channels and multi room allowing viewing of different programmes on different TV's
- 5 bedroom TV's freeview with ability to show SKY programme from lounge SKY box.
- Music station - cd/radio
- Cd's and dvd's
- Playstation 2 games station & games
- Wii with sports package.
- Books, games, jigsaws etc
- Multi-games table - pool, table football, hockey etc (10 games in all)
- Grand size outdoor chess game
- Wi-Fi - Fast BT fibre internet access
- Hot tub
You are welcome to bring your own games for Wii or Playstation.
Outside Facilities @ Hastings House
- Decked area with tables and chairs
- Hot Tub - please check the rules of use
- Deck Chairs
- Rear Courtyard with grand size chess game
- Play area
- An roll of approx 2m x 2m artificial grass is supplied for use on rear courtyard or deck area.
- Laundry drying area with washing line etc
- Driveway with parking for up to 5 cars (depending on size - (Toyota Avensis for example))
- Log store
- Recycling area
What's Included at Hastings House
- Bedding (duvets), bed linen, towels (hand & bathsheet) (not for cots)
- Electricity - the property is heated with underfloor heating throughout the ground floor and all bath/shower rooms.
- Upstairs lounge and bedrooms by controllable convector heaters
- Hot water is provided by solar system to the house with an immersion automated backup
- Hot tub water heating
- Initial supply of logs, kindling, matches for the log burners October to end of March
- Welcome pack - tea, coffee, sugar, milk, sweet treat
- Welcome toiletries - loo rolls, shampoo, shower gel, soaps - eco friendly products
- Cleaning pack - multi-surface cleaner & cleaning cloths (all cleaning products eco-friendly)
- Kitchen pack - washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets, washing machine tablets, ceramic hob cleaner
- Welcome folder including information on the house, its appliances, the hot tub, and a good pub guide, dog friendly pub guide
- Wi-Fi - Fast BT fibre internet access
- One wooden cot (not to be used upstairs) and 1 travel cot (Please supply your own linen & towels for infant).
- Stair gate at the top of the stairs is fixed permanently, 2nd push in type of stair gate is available
- High Chair one is provided.
- Baby Box - baby monitor, table corners, beakers, bibs, non-slip bowls, kiddies plastic cutlery
- Steriliser (microwave type)
- Bottle warmer - electric
- Kiddie step
- K9 box - toys for your doggy companion, food bowl, lead, "tie out stake"
- K9 welcome pack - a few biscuits, chews and poo bags
- Onsite parking for up to 5 average size cars.
What can be arranged: Charges Apply, see options and extras
- Well behaved dogs welcome (up to 3) £25.00 per dog per week or part thereof
- Additional bathroom towel sets (1 x Bath Sheet & 1 x hand towel)
- Additional High Chair
- Dog crate Medium or Large
- Dog bed (plastic)
- Dog duvet
- 19 Days out in Northumbria guide
- Grocery shop or k9 food shop - charges apply. Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's, Food Heaven and Seahouses Fruit & Veg all deliver to the property
- Golf tee times and other leisure activities please just ask
- Special Occasion /celebrations - Party pack; Honeymoon package, in-house catering, summer barbecue packs, Ladies (or Mens!) Pamper sessions
Children's Facilities @ Hastings House
Children are welcome at Hastings House and we provide the following for our younger visitors
- One full size wooden cot with drop side is available for use in either of the larger ground floor bedrooms,
- a travel cot is available for use on one of the two upstairs bedrooms. We do not provide bedding for either of these cots.
- One high chair is located permanently at the property.
- Two stair gates are located permanetly at the property.
- A baby box is located in the hall cupboard containing some essentials incase you have forgotten anything.
- A microwave steriliser is provided.
- Two sets of Toddler cutlery is provided.
- Toys and a games table in the garage, a library of books, games, a playstation 2 and games and internet access.
- a moveable area (approx 4m x 4m) of artificial grass is provided for use outside.
Bringing your dog on holiday
Hastings House welcomes well behaved dogs (up to 2 medium large or 3 small) @ £25.00 per dog per week or part thereof. When you book you will be asked to provide some information about your pet which will aide the owner in ensuring that the property is set up to welcome them.
A bit of K9 etiquette should be observed during your stay:-
- Your pet should not be left in the property unattended (unless crated - crates can be hired - see what can be arranged on the main description tab)
- Your pet should not be allowed in the bedrooms or on furniture
- On booking for your pet, you are confirming that it is fully up to date on its flea treatment.
The following can be hired - see charges under Availability > Options and Extras
- Dog duvet
- Plastic dog bed
- Dog crate medium
- Dog crate large
Special Notes and Conditions
Special notes and Conditions:
• Well behaved pets welcomed by arrangement £25.00 per pet per week or part thereof.
• Note this property has a hot tub over 4' deep and children & dogs, should be supervised in this area at all times.
• Mobile signal in Seahouses can be restricted - EE (T-mobile/orange) is the most consistent provider and definitely works at Hastings House.
- Friday changeover
- Sleeps 10
- 5 bedrooms
- 5 bathrooms
- 3 pets allowed
- WiFi internet
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Stairgate available
- Travel cot available
- Central heating
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Private parking available
- 1 mile from a beach
- 0.25 mile from a pub
- 0.25 mile from a shop
- Sea views
- No smoking
- Sky TV
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Sponge 15% off Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights...
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 27%.<...
Dineindulge Private Chef Service by Dineindulge
Would you be interested in having a private chef cater for you during your stay from as little as £25 per head?