Pasture View is one of two beautiful traditional stone cottages cleverly attached to each other when totally rebuilt and completed in 2013. Finished to a high specification and boasting uninterrupted views of open Northumbrian countryside. The single storey cottage is located in the tiny rural hamlet of Newstead, on one of the Duke of Northumberland's tenanted farms, yet only a ten minute drive from the Northumberland's Heritage Coast and the village of Bamburgh with its famous castle, sand dunes and miles of unspoilt beaches. Ideally located for exploring this exciting region including the castles of Dunstanburgh, Warkworth and Lindisfarne, and of course Alnwick - the location for many of the Harry Potter films. The cottage is centrally heated and double glazed.
Pasture View is surrounded by a network of country lanes and public bridleways, making it ideal for walks and cycle rides from the doorstep. Alternatively, if you prefer to relax in your holiday accommodation, there is ample opportunity for bird and nature watching from the comfort of the cottage.
The cottage has a mix of contemporary furnishings and traditional features and benefits from Karndean flooring throughout the living areas and fully fitted carpets in the bedrooms. The whole cottage is an epitome of style. For larger parties up to 10, this semi-detached cottage can be booked with Croft Cottage, its next-door neighbour, for a memorable family holiday.
The entrance is ramped, to the main door, the hallway has a storage cupboard, and the cloak room is also accessed from the hall.
A good sized room which includes the dining area
- electric oven,
- ceramic hob,
- extractor hood,
- washing machine,
- pine farmhouse dining table and chairs.
- Situated in the kitchen with a traditional farmhouse table and chairs.
- Good range of crockery, cutlery, glassware
Bright sunny room with double aspect windows overlooking the garden
- two 2 seater settees,
- coffee table,
- corner display unit
- wood-burning stove sitting on a marble hearth,
- corner TV cabinet with a Freeview TV,
- I Pod dock
- double french doors which lead to an outside York stone patio area.
Bedrooms and Bathroom
Ground Floor Bedrooms - all with matching pine or oak furniture - wardrobes, drawers, bedside cabinets
- Bedroom 1: with a double bed and south facing views of open countryside
- Bedroom 2: with a double bed and south facing views of open countryside
- Bedroom 3: with a single bed and a view across the gravel courtyard and parking area
- The family bathroom is half tiled and provides a bath with overhead power shower and screen, wash hand basin, WC, heated towel rail.
- IPod dock
- Books, Games etc
- Parking for up to two cars;
- secure storage in outdoor buildings for cycles etc;
- Charcoal BBQ
- large walled grassed garden (not divided from Croft Cottages grassed area)
- Travel cot & high chair - available on request
- Hair dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- Vacuum cleaner
- Cleaning materials (most eco friendly)
- Welcome tray (incl. tea, coffee, sugar, milk, 6 fresh farm eggs, home baked goody, local weekly newspaper)
- Bedding, bed linen and towels
- Internet access
- Travel Cot
- High Chair
- Great selection of games, books etc.
- Outside space immediately at the cottage but not fully enclosed.
Special Notes & Conditions.
- Regret no dogs.
- Close proximity to large pond.
- For safety reasons, access to the farm yard and buildings is strictly prohibited unless by prior arrangement with the owner.
- Pasture View can be booked along with Croft Cottage for a group of up to 10 people.
- Saturday changeover
- Sleeps 5
- 3 bedrooms
- 1 bathroom
- No pets allowed
- WiFi internet
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Highchair available
- Travel cot available
- Central heating
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Washing machine
- Private parking available
- 6 miles from a beach
- 2 miles from a pub
- 2 miles from a shop
- No smoking
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Sponge 15% off Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights...
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 27%.<...
Dineindulge Private Chef Service by Dineindulge
Would you be interested in having a private chef cater for you during your stay from as little as £25 per head?