This traditional stone cottage is situated in the older part of Seahouses and is close to the harbour and all the amenities of this busy little fishing port. The late 1800s brought an upsurge in the fishing industry, when 'Herring was King', bringing employment and prosperity to many of the locals. It was said that there were so many fishing boats in the harbour that it was possible to walk across the boats from one side to the other. Nowadays tourism has taken over with many of the boats taking visitors out to the Farne Islands to observe the vast array of seabirds and the colony of Grey Seals. 3 miles north is the impressive Bamburgh Castle and 5 miles beyond that is Holy Island or Lindisfarne. The island can be reached at low tide along the causeway where you will find the alluring castle dramatically perched on a rocky crag. Just south of Seahouses is Beadnell Bay with its unique west facing harbour and facilities for sailing, windsurfing and scuba diving. The area has several fine golf courses, the closest being within half a mile. Fishing and horse riding available locally.
Ground floor - Living/dining room with original stone fireplace with electric stove, TV with Freeview, DVD and CD player.
Galley kitchen with quarry tiled floor, electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and washing machine. Door out to small rear yard with wooden table and chairs.
First floor - Bedroom 1 - King-size bed and TV.
Bedroom 2 - Twin beds.
Bedroom 3 - Single bed.
Shower room with WC.
Electricity and night storage heating included. Cot. Highchair. Stairgate. The property does not have off-road parking but roadside parking is available close by. Shops/PO/pubs/restaurants/TIC in village. Cot and highchair available upon request. Duvets with linen and towels. Train Station collection service from Alnmouth or Berwick at no extra charge (must be organised in advance). No pets.
- Saturday changeover
- Sleeps 5
- 3 bedrooms
- 1 bathroom
- No pets allowed
- No WiFi internet
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Highchair available
- Stairgate available
- Travel cot available
- Central heating
- Washing machine
- 0.1 mile from a beach
- 0.1 mile from a pub
- 0.2 mile from a shop
- No smoking
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Sponge 15% off Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights...
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 27%.<...
Dineindulge Private Chef Service by Dineindulge
Would you be interested in having a private chef cater for you during your stay from as little as £25 per head?
Access Statement for Peregrine
Peregrine is a stone built, self-catering, holiday let property, built c.1850. Access is directly from the front street
• This property has a telephone on the first floor.
- Phone is provided for guests so that phone without relying on Mobile reception, which is poor in the old part of Seahouses.
- There is no text-phone, fax or e-mail on the premises.
- No existing phone upstairs.
- The access statement can be provided in large print if required
• There is no Owners web-site for the property at present.
• Public transport information is available on request
• The property is within the town of Seahouses, and the nearest shops are within half a mile by car, or less if walking through short cut.
Local restaurants (at least 4) are also nearby.
• Guests can be collected from the railway station at Alnmouth or Berwick. There is no charge for this service
Complementary tea, coffee, milk sugar, fruit juice, wine, biscuits and fresh fruit are already provided.
• If required, provisions can be supplied for guests' arrival (but this would be subject to payment at cost)
• Guests with mobility impairment or visual impairment should be accompanied.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• There is no car-parking outside the property (although cars may be parked at the front door to unload luggage and passengers)
- If owner’s cars can be parked in adjacent Taylor Street (unadopted) outside the gates leading to Peregrine Yard, this space will be released for guests wishing to park near Peregrine.
• Parking can always be found in the main Seahouses Car Park, within 300 yards of the property. Parking Permits are provided free.
- These Permits are also valid for other chargeable car parks controlled by Northumberland County Council.
• All guests are met by the owners on arrival and shown round the property. Assistance with luggage etc will be offered
• Pets and Smoking are not permitted
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
• The front door opens into a small vestibule with (steep) stairs directly in front of you. The flooring at this point is ceramic tiles covered by wood flooring and a non-slip mat.
• There is a door on the right leading into the downstairs dining room / sitting room.
• Through the dining room there is a step up into the kitchen
• Familiarisation tour given to all guests on arrival
• There are no grab rails in place
• Two bannisters on the stairs (RH bannister is away for painting and re-location of supports)
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
• The stairs to the first floor are steep, wide, and carpeted, with a bannister on each side
• The only bathroom is on the first floor with new toilet, shower and pedestal washbasin.
• There are no adapted facilities
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
• The main sitting room is on the ground floor, with new corner sofa, dining table with 5 chairs.
• All main areas are carpeted, except the downstairs living room, which is laminated wooden flooring with rugs.
- Kitchen floor is quarry tiled.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
• Master bedroom has a king-size bed.
- One bedroom has twin beds
• One bedroom has a single bed
•This house is non-smoking and no pets are allowed
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
• There is a shower room with toilet and pedestal washbasin on the first floor. Walls and ceiling are “Shower-Storm” material for easy cleaning.
• There is no bath
• Shower room floor is composite non-slip material.
- Pedestal mats and shower mat in 100% cotton are provided fresh each week.
- Heated towel rail with spare towels is installed.
- Bathroom heater and air extractor newly installed.
• Galley-style kitchen with quarry tiled floor
• All work-surfaces are standard height, including extra worktable
• Stand-alone fridge - freezer
• Stand-alone electric cooker is at the end of work-surface run.
• Microwave oven is on work-surface
• This property has a no smoking and no pets rule
• Mobile reception is very poor (some networks get limited reception on the first floor) hence previous provision of land line.
• Emergency numbers in Manual (living room)
• Stairgate stored in single bedroom when small children stay
• Grab rails in the bathroom are to be installed end September 2019