This delightful cottage has been skilfully created from a former 19th century granary and enjoys splendid views along the Coquet Valley. The accommodation occupies the whole of the ground floor of the owner's home. Nestling in the picturesque village of Alwinton, it stands amongst some of the most outstandingly beautiful and unspoilt countryside in Northumberland. The area is a paradise for the hill walker, angler and mountain biker or for those just wanting to enjoy the peace and seclusion of the countryside. Situated within the Northumberland National Park, Stonecrop is well placed for travelling to Hadrian's Wall, Kielder Water and the spectacular Heritage coast. The attractive market town of Rothbury is 10 miles and just beyond this is Cragside, now owned by the National Trust. This magnificent house and country park, formerly home of Lord Armstrong, industrialist and entrepreneur, was the first property in the country to be lit by hydroelectricity. Now owned by the National Trust this Victorian creation is a cross between an English manor house and a Bavarian Schloss.
Ground floor - Entrance hall.
Kitchen/diner with multi-fuel stove, electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer and access to conservatory and very secluded garden.
Bedroom 1 - Super king-size bed, en-suite bathroom with over bath shower and WC.
Electricity and partial night storage heating included. Fuel for stoves provided. Wi-Fi (small charge). Highchair. Sorry no cot. Enclosed garden with patio furniture. Off road parking. Shops/PO 10 miles in Rothbury. Pub in village. Duvets with linen and towels. 2 well behaved dogs allowed. Electric Car charging point in village.
- Saturday changeover
- Sleeps 2
- 1 bedroom
- 1 bathroom
- 2 pets allowed
- WiFi internet
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Highchair available
- Central heating
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Private parking available
- 27 miles from a beach
- 0.2 mile from a pub
- 10 miles from a shop
- No smoking
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Sponge 15% off Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights...
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 27%.<...
Dineindulge Private Chef Service by Dineindulge
Would you be interested in having a private chef cater for you during your stay from as little as £25 per head?
Accessibility Guide for Stonecrop Cottage
At a Glance
- The main entrance has level access as it is at ground level.
- The kitchen and living area are on the same level.
Access with steps
- There is step access from the main entrance to:
- Kitchen and living area
- The bedroom is directly accessible from them entrance (via a step access)
- The bedroom door is 750mm wide, or more.
- There is unobstructed floor space 1200mm by 900mm, or more.
- The bathroom has a step access to the bathroom
Travel by public transport
- There is no public transport to Alwinton
Travel by taxi
- There is limited access via Taxi but it is possible.
- The best method for getting to Alwinton is via car, weather permitting. It is possible to park on the property adjacent to the cottage.
Getting around inside
- The bedroom has a window.
- Bedrooms have ceiling lights, bedside lamps and natural daylight.
- All bedrooms are non-smoking.
- The route to the bedroom is 860mm wide, or more. The bedroom door is aprox 860mm wide. There is over 450mm at the side of the bed. The bed is aprox 680mm high.
Te bedroom has an en-suit bathroom:
- The Bathroom.
- The bathroom door is 800mm wide.
- The bathroom has a bath with an overhead shower. The shower has a handrail. There is a shower chair available. The direction of transfer onto the toilet is to the front only. There is 800mm in front of the toilet. The toilet seat is 410mm high.
- The basin is 860mm high. The taps are tap operated. There is space under the basin.
- The bath edge is 610mm from the floor.
- There is an open plan kitchen.
- From the main entrance to the kitchen, there is access via a step.
- The route is 820mm wide, or more.
- The door is 820mm wide.
- The work surface is available and available at a height between 650mm and 900mm.
- The hob is available at a height between 650mm and 900mm.
- The sink is available and available at a height between 650mm and 900mm.
- The oven is available at a height between 650mm and 900mm.
- The crockery is stored higher than the work tops.
Lounge and Conservatory
- From the main entrance to the lounge, there is access via a step. The route is 820mm wide, or more. The door is 820mm wide.
- The lounge area is open plan with the kitchen.
There is one sofa, seat 460mm from floor.
- The lounge leads to the conservatory via a ridge
Getting around outside
- From the conservatory there access to the garden via a ridge.
- The garden includes a raised pond.
- There is a step from the garden to the drive way.
Measurement used are generic