Little Dod Barn is situated in the heart of the Ingram Valley on an 1800 acre working hill farm. It is a semi detached stone barn adjoining Cuckoo Cottage, ideal for a couple or family wanting a remote getaway to explore this beautiful area with marked paths and trails straight from the front door. It is located in one of the best dark sky regions of the UK.
Spacious lounge, well furnished with comfortable chairs, TV with Freeview, log burning stove, large farmhouse table.
Kitchen with electric cooker, fridge freezer, washing machine and microwave.
Two seperate shower rooms side by side both with large shower cubicle, washbasin and WC
Bedroom with 1 double bed, the choice of either 4 single beds and a set of bunk beds. Hanging drapes separate the sleeping areas
Parking: Private off road parking
Also provided: Bed linen and towels. Books and games. Lockable storage for bikes. 4G available
Pets: Three dogs welcome with prior arrangement. Must be kept on a lead. Additional £20 per pet.
Availability: All year and short breaks.
Notes: This is a non-smoking property. 4G available in the area.
- Saturday changeover
- Sleeps 4
- 1 bedroom
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 pets allowed
- No WiFi internet
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Highchair available
- Travel cot available
- Central heating
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Washing machine
- Private parking available
- 24 miles from a beach
- 8 miles from a pub
- 6 miles from a shop
- No smoking
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Sponge 15% off Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights...
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 27%.<...
Dineindulge Private Chef Service by Dineindulge
Would you be interested in having a private chef cater for you during your stay from as little as £25 per head?
The Barn – 8 person self-catering accommodation
- The nearest bus stop is on the A697 at the Roseden road end (see map). Not marked but wait on road side.
- The nearest train station is Berwick-Upon-Tweed or Alnmouth, both approx. 20 miles away.
- The nearest food shops are in Wooler (10 miles by road, 8ish on foot / bike) or Powburn (6 miles).
- The nearest pubs are in Wooler.
- The nearest fuel stations are Wooler (9 miles) or Powburn (6 miles).
- Mobility equipment hire – Not known.
Arrival and Car Parking
- Parking – Free, off road for any size of car. Plenty of space to unload and only 20m from front door.
- At least 2 parking spaces, on level, hard standing.
- The width of the path to the property is 6ft, with a slope but no steps.
- 1 main entrance through 6ft4 x 4ft door.
- Keyhole height = 3ft6. • No steps to entrance.
Living and Dining Room
- Ground floor.
- Slate floor.
- No door but access to kitchen = 3ft.
- Movable furniture with space to move around.
- Lower ground floor (down 3 steps from entrance, lounge / diner).
- Slate floor.
- No doors.
- Worktop and oven height = 3ft6.
- Fridge set low, freezer above it.
- Crockery stored high and low.
- Some stored up 3 steps in the dining / lounge area.
- First floor, up12 steps from dining room / lounge.
- Carpeted from bottom of stairs.
- Door width = 3ft.
- Beds are 6ft x 3ft (double is 6ft x 5ft).
- All furniture is movable.
- Lower ground floor (same level as kitchen).
- Slate floors.
- Doors = 2ft2
- No accessible WC or shower but no steps within the rooms. Showers are large but no handrails.
- Steps down to some of the seating area but most on level ground.
- No permanent seating, just benches / chairs.
- Outside movement-sensitive lighting.
- No white lines but sunken seating area is fenced off.
- No ponds or water features.
- No landline but good mobile phone coverage.
- Plenty of accessible electrical sockets in all rooms, most are set low except in kitchen.
- No alarms for hearing or sight-impaired guests.
- Wood burner in living room.
- Movement-sensitive light in bedroom