The Dod Barn, situated on an 1,800 acre working hill farm in the heart of The Ingram Valley, is a quirky semi-detached stone camping barn with a difference. It sleeps 8 people in one bedroom, with hanging drapes for extra privacy and is perfect for groups of keen walkers, birdwatchers and stargazers, as it is located in one of the best dark sky regions of the UK. Shop: 7 miles Pub: 8 miles.
Spacious lounge, well furnished with comfortable chairs, TV with Freeview, log burning stove, large farmhouse table.
Kitchen with electric cooker, fridge freezer, washing machine and microwave.
Two seperate shower rooms side by side both with large shower cubicle, washbasin and WC
Bedroom with 1 double bed, 4 single beds and a set of bunk beds. Hanging drapes separate the sleeping areas
Parking: Private off road parking
Also provided: Bed linen and towels. Books and games. Lockable storage for bikes. 4G available
Pets: Two dogs welcome with prior arrangement. Must be kept on a lead. Additional £25 per pet.
Availability: All year and short breaks.
Notes: This is a non-smoking property. 4G available in the area.
There are endless walks and trails straight from the front door of The Dod Barn, for all abilities. Located within the Northumberland National Park, only 8 miles from Wooler and the Cheviot Hills, and 17 miles from this historic town of Alnwick, the location is ideal for exploring the region.
- Saturday changeover
- Sleeps 8
- 1 bedroom
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 pets allowed
- No WiFi internet
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Highchair available
- Stairgate available
- Travel cot available
- Central heating
- Washing machine
- Private parking available
- 24 miles from a beach
- 8 miles from a pub
- 6 miles from a shop
- No smoking
Great property if you really want to be away from it all. Beautiful, peaceful and great service Mrs Kay Perry - 26th August 2019
Dod Barn was a special place to stay, it was warm, clean and cosy with everything we needed for a holiday exploring the National Park. The host was easily contactable for advice on the area and amenities. We were made to feel extremely welcome and look forward to returning in the future. - 13th August 2019
All worked perfectly with the handover. The instructions are very good for finding the house as GPS can be unreliable up there. It is way off the beaten track and very isolated. The road is bumpy but you do not need an SUV. The accommodation is very nice and we wanted for nothing as we brought up everything. The owner left some treats for us. The neighbour was very helpful as well. The outside was well used with 4 children playing rounders ( a set left for us). We din't take advantage of the walks but did do a family jaunt up the hill. We would love to go again. - 2nd August 2019
We loved our stay at The Dod Barn, it was perfect for what we wanted- a relaxing place to catch up with school friends after finishing university. The rural location was great for us, and it's close enough to drive to shops and cafes etc. We will definitely be back! - 4th July 2019
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Dod barn. The friendly welcome on arrival and tips and advice about the barn and it’s surrounding area were very helpful (a nice touch was an information file left by the hosts which we found useful). The barn itself is clean and cosy inside, we loved the wood burner and particularly enjoyed the bedroom arrangement as it was a perfect ‘sleepover’ environment and the beds were very comfy. The two bathrooms were also a bonus with there being a group of us. The barn is situated on a family farm, tucked away from busy roads, ideal location for walks in the surrounding area, some a short drive away. Amazing weekend and we hope to go back again! :) - 6th May 2019
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
The Barn – 8 person self-catering accommodation
- The nearest bus stop is on the A697 at the Roseden road end (see map). Not marked but wait on road side.
- The nearest train station is Berwick-Upon-Tweed or Alnmouth, both approx. 20 miles away.
- The nearest food shops are in Wooler (10 miles by road, 8ish on foot / bike) or Powburn (6 miles).
- The nearest pubs are in Wooler.
- The nearest fuel stations are Wooler (9 miles) or Powburn (6 miles).
- Mobility equipment hire – Not known.
Arrival and Car Parking
- Parking – Free, off road for any size of car. Plenty of space to unload and only 20m from front door.
- At least 2 parking spaces, on level, hard standing.
- The width of the path to the property is 6ft, with a slope but no steps.
- 1 main entrance through 6ft4 x 4ft door.
- Keyhole height = 3ft6. • No steps to entrance.
Living and Dining Room
- Ground floor.
- Slate floor.
- No door but access to kitchen = 3ft.
- Movable furniture with space to move around.
- Lower ground floor (down 3 steps from entrance, lounge / diner).
- Slate floor.
- No doors.
- Worktop and oven height = 3ft6.
- Fridge set low, freezer above it.
- Crockery stored high and low.
- Some stored up 3 steps in the dining / lounge area.
- First floor, up12 steps from dining room / lounge.
- Carpeted from bottom of stairs.
- Door width = 3ft.
- Beds are 6ft x 3ft (double is 6ft x 5ft).
- All furniture is movable.
- Lower ground floor (same level as kitchen).
- Slate floors.
- Doors = 2ft2
- No accessible WC or shower but no steps within the rooms. Showers are large but no handrails.
- Steps down to some of the seating area but most on level ground.
- No permanent seating, just benches / chairs.
- Outside movement-sensitive lighting.
- No white lines but sunken seating area is fenced off.
- No ponds or water features.
- No landline but good mobile phone coverage.
- Plenty of accessible electrical sockets in all rooms, most are set low except in kitchen.
- No alarms for hearing or sight-impaired guests.
- Wood burner in living room.
- Movement-sensitive light in bedroom